Thursday 6 April 2017

Egg collection

Because my trigger was at half past midnight on Monday night, we didn't have to be at the clinic before 11am on Wednesday. We got there 15 minutes earlier, as usual. I was solo hungry. Got my armchair/bed almost straight away. I changed into the theatre gown and then we waited. At 12 we were told it would be another 45 minutes but apparently they were aware of my timing and out of a sudden 35 to 36 hours between the trigger and the collection itself changed into anywhere between 36 and 38 hours. They gave me my drugs which was one pill to make me sleepy and a painkiller suppository.
Went to theatre around 1pm. There were about four or five nurses and a doctor. It was the same doctor who we talked in September at our follow up appointment so I was very happy. I really like her. They cannulated me in my left elbow and that hurts so much less than in hand. They put some antibiotics in which hurt, most probably because my veins are very very fine. Then the actual sedatives which hurt too but I could feel the effect almost instantly. I could feel the doctor disinfecting me down there and getting ready. She started with my left ovary. It wasn't exactly painful but I was aware of everything that was happening. Towards the end of the procedure they gave me gas to breathe in. Oh, I loved that. It was amazing, I felt really high. But I still felt the pain. At least I enjoyed it this time, haha.
Went back to the ward, wasn't feeling sleepy and was so hungry. I stole a few crisps off Rick which we bought for him as he hasn't eaten out of solidarity. And I don't even like salt and vinegar.
Nine eggs were collected which was good. We left the clinic around 3pm. I was feeling ok but my belly started hurting over the evening and night. Fortunately it wasn't before my 20 minute walk after using Crinone gel (progesterone). I slept again in our guest room (third night in a row) as Rick has really bad hay fever or allergy and his nose is blocked, causing him to snore. Hopefully he feels better soon so we can snuggle up at night again.

No comments:

Post a Comment