Monday 18 June 2018

First scan and beginning of stimulation

My first scan after starting Suprecur was scheduled for Friday 8th June. However, my period hasn't come before that so we had to cancel it. We kept an appointment a week later, June 15th but I would still call the clinic to let them know when my period actually starts. It did start on the 8th in the afternoon/evening when the clinic was already closed so called them the next Monday. I don't like leaving voice mails (because I must sound really special) so I had no chance getting a hold of anyone in the morning. Called them around 1 or 2pm and got told off by the nurse that they should've scanned me today if I started bleeding on Friday. Well, you should answer your phone then. Booked me in for the next day.
Scan went well, the cyst was still there but it's not growing and the lining was nice and thin (1.6mm) so it probably isn't producing any hormones. Follicles are small as well so I was good to start stimulation. Yay! This time I got Meriofert, which is FSH and a bit of hCG, the doctor changed it last minute. I'm on 300 IU.
Today was the first monitoring scan. Lining grew to 6.4mm, follicles are around 8-9mm, one is at 12mm. The cyst is gone! The nurse couldn't see it and apparently it happens that they just disappear. Good timing. She upped my dose to 375 IU just to make sure that most follicles grow above 18mm. She said there is around 20 of them altogether so I'm really happy. Never had that many before. The next appointment is on Friday 22nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment