Saturday 20 October 2018

Egg collection

Finally egg collection day came. That was yesterday. We didn't have to leave that early, only at 9am as needed to be at the clinic for 9:50am. I was a bit worried for traffic but it was absolutely fine. We got there around 9:35am.
There are two disabled parking spaces at the clinic and usually one is taken by a grey car without a blue badge but there is still one left for us. This time both were taken by cars without blue badges even though there were plenty of other spaces. I went inside and asked at the reception but to no help. We parked somewhere else hoping nobody would block Rick's side because I wouldn't be able to move it for him to get in after the sedation.
They took us in and showed me to my bed. Anaesthetist came straight away and was asking his usual question. He looked quite surprised when he learned this was my seventh egg collection. I went to the toilet first so just as I was changing the nurse came in. Left straight away and came a few minutes later. Had a few more visits and then they took me into the theatre. We were chatting about Prague and beer as Kristyna, the Slovakian nurse was there. I woke up at the recovery. I asked about the number of eggs collected. It was 10. I was shocked. I knew it wouldn't be as many as 23 like last time but I was hoping for more that 10. I started crying. Everybody tried to console me but I just wanted to go home. They told us they would call us later with how many are mature since I was quite upset.
They called and all 10 are mature! My mood changed completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment