Saturday 20 October 2018

Monitoring scans

I am slacking, I know. There has been a development so I am going to update you right now.

First monitoring scan was on Friday 12th October. My lining was 7,5mm and I had about 15 follicles between 9mm and 14mm. Dosage of Meriofert stayed at 300 IU. I went on my own again because Rick had an accident on his handbike on Wednesday. He rode too quickly into a sharp turn and layed himself down on his right side. Fortunately he didn't break anything, only scraped his right elbow and banged his shoulder. He was still aching on Friday so I let him sleep and went to the clinic on my own. The nurse doing my scan was asking why I'm on my own which is a bit strange - what if I was single going through the IVF or donating eggs...? She is also the only one who take 'special' care when inserting the ultrasound probe. It just makes me uncomfortable. Nobody else does it and the inserting doesn't hurt because of the amount of the lubricant on it so I honesty don't see any major reason for rubbing 'there' a few times before inserting.

Second monitoring scan was on Wednesday 17th October. Rick went with me. Same nurse though... I had about 17 follicles between 19mm and 24mm. Lining 8,3mm. I was ready to trigger that day at 22:20 which was 10 000 units of Gonasi (two doses of 5000 IU). It went well apart when I was trying to take the protective cap off the green needle for drawing the solution, I couldn't do it. When I finally did, it surprised me so somehow my finger came down on the needle and cut me. It hurt like a bitch and it was bleeding. A lot. I did manage to inject the trigger on time even with blood splotches everywhere and a finger in agony.

The next day I felt really tired and achy, very bloated.

No comments:

Post a Comment