Tuesday 31 October 2017

Egg collection

Yesterday we had to get up at 5am to be at the clinic for 7.15am. Not a fan but it also meant that I was the first on the list for egg collections that day.
We got there with no problems, nurses were ready and waiting for us. They did all their checks and I was ready to go to the theatre for 8am. I was offered the gas from the beginning and I possibly couldn't say no because I remember how much I loved it last time. The collection itself was fine as always but they had to give me a bit more sedation at the beginning as I started to wriggle when the doctor was collecting the eggs from the first ovary. And it hurt too. I grabbed one nurse's hand and held onto it even though normally I say no when they offer it.
I got back to the room and I rested a bit cuddling Rick's arm while he was sitting in a chair next to my bed. I wasn't hungry anymore and was feeling a bit sick. I did eat my croissant though later. After an hour or so we started getting bored so told the nurses we're ready to go home. I just had to go to toilet as they always recommend after any procedure. I must admit it surprised me that there was so much blood because it hasn't happened before but it stopped straight away so we were good to go at about 11am.
We went to Tesco to buy lunch/dinner and we also bought a movie to relax to. I fell asleep half way through and Rick did after it finished. We slept until 5pm. Oopsie.
Today I'm better, I don't feel sick anymore. My belly hurts still but it's better as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment