Monday 25 January 2016

First injection

Ok, here it is. Friday 15th January 2016. My first injection. The next two weeks of the treatment is called down regulation. It's stopping the natural production of hormones that control ovulation. I was said it would be similar to menopause. My dose is 50 units which will go down to 20 units when I start taking Gonal F (stimulating drug which causes more follicles to mature). I wasn't really afraid of the needle or the pain, after all I donate blood and the needle in comparison to this one is something else. It was more like a fear from the uknown and that it will be ME who is gonna have to put the needle in me. The injection has to be taken between 6 and 8pm so I picked my time to be 7:30, in case I was in a gym or somewhere. Set alarm for everyday in my phone and after a week also on my Fitbit, in case I didn't have my phone on me or I didn't hear it. Fitbit came later because I didn't know I could set alarms on it, haha. To be honest, I don't really need any reminders because constantly on my mind. You need to do the injection, don't forget the injection...
The very first injection didn't hurt at all but gave me a massive bruise. I bruise very easily so it didn't really surprise me and I did ask the nurse about it. All good. It made me feel a bit...different. I might have been all just in my head but I did feel a bit strange. Bit of a headache and my belly stang for a while. I spent the rest of the day resting in bed, went to sleep early and the next day I was back to normal.
Today, when I decided to start this blog, it is day 8 of buserelin. A few days ago the injection stang and itched a lot for couple of hours but apart from that, nothing. No more bruises, no side effects. Until today. Yesterday I suffered from diarrhea and headache but I thought it might have been because we went for a birthday dinner of my boyfriend's step mum and we had a really BIG dinner, cake and all. Today I woke up with a sore throat which went away after a while just to be swapped with a headache, belly ache, chest pains and the urge to cry for no reason. Some fever occurred as well. That all kind of indicated towards OHSS (ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome) which we were warned about by the doctor and the nurses. We discussed whether we should call the clinic or go to A&E but I don't like making fuss about nothing. I eventually got better and got a Chinese takeaway out of it as well. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment