Monday 25 January 2016

My first consultation

After Rick's procedure we were told they did find sperm so we were good to proceed with the treatment. I booked my appointment for 6th January 2016 with gynaecologist. I was told in the letter I would have a pelvic exam and an ultrasound scan and we both might have some blood tests. All good.
The doctor was very nice and welcoming and took his time with explaining everything to us to make sure we knew exactly what he was talking about. At the end I did not have any scans or exams. I was on day 12 in my cycle so the doctor said if there was a free appointment for nurses discussion and 'drug teach', we could start the treatment this cycle. That was exciting to hear. They actually taught me how to use different types of injections that very same day and they also took mine and Rick's blood for more tests. Unfortunately they didn't have time to discuss our dates but made appointment for us in just a week, Wednesday 13th January, which meant we COULD start the treatment this cycle, day 21 being 15th January. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment