Saturday 20 February 2016

3dp5dt

I have read tons and tons of blogs and forums about IVF ever since we started our own treatment. I hoped to find some answers to my questions. But one thing I never liked about any of these were all those abbreviations. BFN, 2WW, POAS, FET, ER... So many and only a few are quite useful. Btw (haha) they mean Big Fat Negative, 2 Week Wait, Pee On A Stick, Frozen Embryo Transfer and Egg Retrieval. The only exception I actually like is what I used as a heading for this post. 3dp5dt means 3 days post 5 day transfer. It's just too long, haha.
So that's where I am right now. Three days after the embryo transfer. It's also ten days after my trigger injection so technically hCG in it should be out of my system. So...tomorrow I could try home pregnancy test (HPT) for the first time. I know, I should wait another 7 days but it's too tempting. I've had lower belly pain for last two days and today I got quite sick in Tesco but you can never know if it's a good sign or a bad one. Everyone is different and everyone's got different symptoms whether it worked or not. Some of us don't get any at all. I wish my belly ache meant implantation cramps. I asked Rick if I could try the pregnancy test and he said no. He's the one who's counting down the days though, haha. These two weeks are definitely very stressful, I could never imagine how much before I experienced it myself. It is like a roller coaster, yesterday I was adamant that both embryos would implant but today I felt like it's not going to work. We have to stay positive and I must persevere and not use the test before next Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment