Wednesday 10 February 2016

Trigger time!

I wanted to bet Rick for a fiver that today was not the last scan before egg collection. I'm glad he didn't because I would have lost. Yes, today was the last scan and it's trigger injection time which means the egg collection will take place on Friday. Yay! I'm happy also because I haven't been feeling well, my lower belly hurts and I feel sick quite often. No wonder as I was told my ovaries are now the size of a small orange and normally they are the size of a grape! Also the vaginal scans were becoming quite painful and very uncomfortable.
There is one follicle over 19mm in my left ovary, one over 18mm in my right one and then smaller ones varying in size below 18mm all the way to 12mm and some smaller ones as well. Nurse Zoe said it looks very good, the growth has been steady and I'm in very low risk of OHSS. She took my blood just to check my hormone levels and now I'm waiting for a call from the clinic to tell me what time exactly I'm going to take the trigger injection (Ovitrelle) and what time to come on Friday for the procedure. Our treatment plan is ICSI + blastocyst culture so we should be coming back on Wednesday (day 5) for the transfer if everything goes well as egg collection is considered day 0.

Update: I got my phone call a few minutes ago. I'm going to take the Ovitrelle injection exactly at 9:30pm and we're supposed to be at the clinic at 8:15am on Friday so I'll go in the theatre probably around 9am as the trigger is supposed to be taken exactly 35-36 hours before the procedure because it causes the egg to ripen but they need to be collected before they are released and therefore lost. Rick is not overly happy because it takes us around an hour to get ready plus the drive so will have to get up at 6am.

No comments:

Post a Comment